Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Organizing Fabric!

All that fabric we received from Hope Grange was going to be organized. I was waiting on Debbie and Nancy. Around 10 am I got a message from Debbie that she had an emergency to go to her cousin's care center. She would be coming as soon as she could. I was home all day so that wasn't a worry. I waited and around 10:15 am Nancy texted to say she couldn't make it. Her door man was coming and her son would be coming as well. So, she can't make it. I said that was fine. 

I played a few games and then around 11:30 am Debbie arrived. Told Debbie we would have a salad for lunch before we get started. She brought the form to go over as well. I have stuff for Nancy too. We sat and had a good chat with lunch. Once lunch was over we headed downstairs. 

I showed Debbie the 3 quilt tops we received today. We then cut the batting and backing for them and have them ready to go to Connie. Debbie is going over there tomorrow as well. 

First we took all the fabric out of the garbage bags. 

Once we had all the fabric out of the bags, we then set out to organize the fabric. 

We stacked in groups. The top is all the military fabric that is specific to the branch of service. She was thrilled to find some more Marine fabric that she was looking for. She will probably have another quilt done before too long. Maybe tonight at this rate. We added in the fabric that I had in my shelves. Of course we couldn't get the top shelf that is Patrick's jars. We did move the ones that were on the top left but couldn't figure out where to show these. It worked out okay, as we didn't need the shelf. We also received some bolts of fabric. The best part is that we can do quilts without having to worry about buying fabric for awhile. Of course there were my "nightmare" fabrics that where in here as well. No matter how hard I try not to have that fabric, it comes back 2x as much. 

We worked on this till about 3pm. I gave her a couple of books that I have to give away. They were my color books. I will take the rest to mom on Friday. 

After she left, I loaded up the car with batting, backing and quilts. Then I added a few of the fabrics we got from the Grange. We put some pillow case fabric in there too. Connie is good with pillow cases. 

Now I'm ready to see Connie in the morning. A stack of stuff to bring. I will also learn what to do with my blood count for sugar. Should be interesting. 

Today was a very good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...