Friday, August 5, 2022

Enjoying Friends

 Today we had our meeting at Michele's house. I stopped at moms after dropping off the batting and backing at the church. I chatted with mom before heading to Michele's. She wanted to go to Safeway to pick a few things up after, so I took her car. I worked on the binding of another quilt. I wasn't sure how much I would get done, and figured I wouldn't have anything to work on if I finished the one I was doing that's downstairs. I was able to get one side done. It was fun because four of us were working on QOV quilt bindings. We had salad for lunch. Right after lunch, mom decided she was tired and wanted to go home. She passed on going to Safeway. 

After dropping mom off, I headed to Rite Aide. I couldn't believe I arrived with nine people in front of me. I ended up waiting a long time. The gal I had on Monday recognized me and said she forgot the other meds. I told her I didn't know how many to pick up. It was funny! On my way out the door, I saw travel size stuff I needed, so bought those as well. 

Came home and sat with Patrick. We enjoyed the cool air outside on the deck.

We talked about what I would take with me. I have my beading ready, because that was ready when we were to go on the cruise. I then decided to find an embroidery pattern to work on. I pulled out the new BE pattern I got. Then I put the threads in the "Annie's Keepers." 

I then took them to the counter and used the hair iron to straighten them out. I like the colors of this one. I will be working on this when I can. I want to work on my beading while we are there as well. BE is easier to do while I'm on the plane. I may make sure this is up front. I took out all my "junk" from my bag and added the stuff I need to work on this piece. I will show the pattern next time. 

I then got an email from Debbie Goff who is teaching a virtual class at the end of the month. I'm also taking a class in October with her. So, I needed to check my floss to see if I have all the colors. I have most of them, but had to order more from her. At least I had some and didn't have to spend $70 for the kit and threads. I'm actually looking forward to this class. She sent the weekly list of what we will be working on. I'm looking forward to it. It will be something different. I'm mostly taking the class for technique. Patrick doesn't care for the design. lol It may be a gift to someone at this rate! lol 

I'm thrilled to be able to say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...