Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Went For A Drive To Mt. Rainier

 This morning we were up and ready to head out the door. We picked up chicken yesterday, so we had our cooler full of lunch stuff. Katt's potato salad was the best!

It's a 2 hour drive from our place. The cost was $30 for the car load. We all agreed it was worth the cost. We can go back for 7 days. Don't think we will, too busy. 


We stopped along the way. There are some really pretty stopping points along the way. 


A few waterfalls along the way as well. 


We hiked down a few places to see the falls. If you look closely, there is a rainbow in the falls. It was fun to spot. Didn't know if it would show up. Everything was green. It was about 75 degrees up in the mountain. 


Took photos of the father-daughter team as well. It was really cool. The bridge in the back was the bridge we drove over. We were taking photos to the left of the bridge and noticed there was a place we could walk down to see more. 


A really pretty place. Mt. Rainier is really pretty. The trails for Mt. Rainier are better than the ones for Mt. St. Helen's. The gift shop and information station is better at Mt. St. Helen's then here. Funny how one is better in one way then the other and visa versa. 


This was on one of the trails. Really pretty! The trails go all the way up there. My dad went up there with his scout troop when he was young. People do get lost on the trails though. I was glad we went when we did. It was getting hotter as we were there. Up on this ridge we were around 80 + degrees. In the shade was better. lol 

I did have my huffing and puffing issues.. I did pretty good considering!


On the way back, we could see the clouds coming in. It's such a beautiful mountain! I just love seeing it every day it shows up around here. 

When we got home, I had one package in the door. It was 2 quilts from one of our QOV ladies. Then UPS dropped off 2 boxes from Tri Cities. I let Jeff know we received his quilts. Those may be given out this week. I want to use the ones that came to us first. Then we will go through ours. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 
 





No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...