Thursday, September 1, 2022

QOV Meeting Day

 We had decided to have a meeting to get everyone on topic and to let them know what is going on. That was at 1 pm. 

In the morning not much went on. I pretty much got everything we needed in the car. Then around noon went to the museum and unloaded. There were 3 men in the building and not one person offered to help after the 3rd load. I ended up going back and forth from my car to the front desk 6 times. I put the quilts in the piles they needed to be in. I then took the rest of the stuff upstairs for our meeting. 

We went over the 100 quilts that we have. I also said we needed to slow down on friends and family for quilts. If they are on the list, feel free to make a quilt, if not, please wait till we get the ones on the list done. We talked about a banner, the quilts that are coming in from other group, and a few more things. I then opened the box of quilts that we had. There were 3 boxes. 


In total there were 12 quilts. Two of the quilts needed labels and Donna took those to put on. 

Once all the information on what is going on, we decided to do a presentation every 2 weeks to get these veterans their quilts. We also worked on demonstrating binding, stitching down the binding, making quilts, squaring up blocks, etc. It was decided that we would do this every quarter. Our next one will be in January and I will get that set up as well. 

Then it was time to work on presentations. 


We  had group members work together to do a presentation. Barb and here friend did this. They are going to present 3 quilts up North. So, they wanted to know how to do it. We worked with them and showed them. I need to get the paperwork to her for her talking about QOV. 


Each member went over folding the quilt for the presentation and then presenting the quilt. Mom was in charge of that. I think she wanted to be in charge of more, but I pulled that in. She just likes to be in charge. 

I found out that Smiley is having surgery next month because his cancer is back. Please pray for him. He need this to work. His vocal cords are affected. The last time he had it done (3 or 4 years ago), he had to whisper till they did another surgery on him. I pray this one isn't as bad as the last time. He's a big part of our group. He's a big part of Veterans Memorial Museum as well. 

Everything went well today with our group. I even gave them a challenge. I passed out panels that we "country cute" that I figured were hard to do. There were 11 panels and I passed out 9. I may have to do one myself. We have till January to have them done. It's something that will get them to think of panels and get them to do a quilt. Who knows, we may end up giving them out at the same presentation. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. 

I wasn't stitching today. But I felt like I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...