Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Breakfast Out And Back To Olympia

Both Patrick and I slept till 9. That surprised me because we have been getting up around 7 am lately. We got dressed and headed out to Berry Fields. I had an omelet and Patrick had a lot more. He doesn't do omelets but he does get eggs, bacon, toast, and oatmeal. After breakfast we decided to go see mom. I took half my omelet and hash browns to her. She was in a good mood and we visited for about 45 mins before we had to head to Olympia. 

Patrick's appointment was at 1 pm. We arrived early and waited. Think everyone was at lunch. He went in and I went to the other area to wait. He came out and then was called back to the room for immunotherapy. Poor guy had to wait 45 mins before the medication came up. Then 30 mins for therapy. We didn't get out of there till about 3:15 pm. Connie was supposed to show up at 3 pm but I told her to come later. 

We finally got home around 4:15 pm. Then I told Connie to give me an hour before she came over. She came for some fabric. She was having fun going through the stack. She did bring one fabric back because it was flags in a peace sign. We won't be using that fabric because that is offensive to a Veteran! I will have to find someone to take the fabric and keep it off the a veteran quilt. 

After she left I worked on baking some dessert. I made a Pecan Pie Brownie. I hope it comes out good. Then I had to do my exercises and Sophie was trying to get my attention the whole time. So, she knocked over my letter from my cousin and threw it on the floor. 

Then she laid on it! Trying to get my attention. I finally sat down and she climbed into my lap. 

Tomorrow is presentation day. I will try to get everything together and leave early. I have stuff to drop off with Nancy and Donna. It's a presentation of 7 veterans. We are getting them done as soon as we can. 

Today was all of waiting. Waiting at moms, waiting at the appointment (without anything to work on), and waiting for Connie to come. It was not a day for Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...