Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Catering All Afternoon

 This morning I worked on 3 rows of beading. Not worth taking a photo yet. 

Then this afternoon I headed over to the museum to help with catering. I arrived shortly after Connie. She was getting the coffee started. We couldn't tell what they wanted, so worked with what we could. The food was all in the frig. We timed everything out. We did what we could knowing they would be coming at 2:30. Trouble was they didn't show till 3 pm. 

This was all for Veteran Charles Cook. He passed last week. His sisters had everything arranged. The services were at the Catholic Church in Centralia. They wouldn't do the catering, so Debbie asked if our group could do it for a donation. I said that would be great. So, Joann, Connie and I took care of the food. 


There was food to feed an army. Trouble was only about 45 people showed. I think they were expecting about 85. We packed everything up and gave some left overs to the ones who wanted them. Then we packed up all the food and Debbie was going to take it to the place where Charles was living in the last year. We gave the museum water, plates, plastic utensils, and some other stuff. We didn't get done till about 5:15 pm. Poor workers couldn't leave till we did. We cleaned up as much as we could. 

Came home and crashed. I had been on my feet all day. UGH. Now I'm calling it a day and sad to say I really didn't get to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...