Friday, September 23, 2022

Staying With Mom after ER

Yesterday  was a busy day.  It started out with a presentation for 7 Veterans. We had an awesome turn out. Everything went well. 

Came home and started working on my beading. Completing 7 rows. Patrick went bowling and I sat to bead.

Then mom called at 7:45 pm to say she called 911. She was in pain. Felt her rib break. I met her at the ER. They made her get off the bed and into a wheelchair.  She screamed in pain. They still wheeled her out in the waiting room. We sat from 8PM to 5AM. Then the gal in the waiting room decided to clean. I just about lost it. I worked on my embroidery.  



I finished my flower and started a couple more.

Texted Patrick I needed him to take over. He arrived around 5:30am. I got moms hearing aid charger and let Daisy out. Went back to hospital and they had mom in a room finally. Gave the car keys to Patrick with charger. Then went home and slept for 3 hrs. Waited for news from Patrick.  Mom broke 2 ribs and they gave her pain meds. They also told her to do the breathing to keep from getting pneumonia.  Patrick took her home and set her up. She was to be still. I was to go back later. He got home about noon. He fixed a scabbled egg. I cooked a stew for supper. Debbie came over for black fabric.

I finally went to moms with my stuff. I bought Chai tea for both of us, got a third free. Then I got tacos for mom. Of course that came with a soda. Dropped a tea off at Nancy's.  Mom and i sat and watched TV. She slept some. I will be on the couch. My brother and wife will be here tomorrow. 


I started working on the Lilly's Lace (think that is the name) to go withe the other panels I made. Ended up taking it out a couple times.  Had the 3rd row wrong. Need to fix it.

Even with issues, I can stll be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lyn, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!! I hope she recovers quickly and not in too much pain. I'm glad you brother is coming. Take care, Anne

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...