Friday, September 9, 2022

Mom Started Up Her Group Again



 This morning I was out the door to Connie's. Dropped off some stuff for Donna. Told her I would pick up the quilts that Donna has on Monday. I also told her I would bring her something, and now I can't remember what it was. I will have to think on this. 

Then it was off to moms. I was second there, but by the time I was ready to sit, all the chairs were gone. There were 7 of us. Nancy and Hildi are going to the applique retreat on Tuesday. They will be gone a week. I worked on my embroidery instead of quilting. I am tired of working on my quilting. I had more fun working on my embroidery. Funny how that is. 

I finished the bullion flowers. Then went to work on the flowers above them. I have them all done but this set. 

I did take one of those flowers out and re-worked it. I like it better now. I'm really close to finishing this. Not sure what I will do with it or what I will do with it. I'm just having fun working on it. 

Then everyone let around noon. No one brought lunch. I went to Subway and bought lunch for mom and I. I couldn't believe Subway's prices! It's double what I used to pay. One sandwich was $15! They used to be $5-6.  UGH

Headed home but took the long way. I ended up going through Chehalis. I almost forgot to stop at Rite Aid on my way home. lol  I had 7 people in front of me. Never fails, when it got done to me, I had to wait on the 2 people at the window for a good 5 mins. They had questions and where looking for stuff. Seems to be my lucky day! NOT. I didn't mind. I was shocking myself because I just waited and didn't bother checking my watch. I just watched everyone else in front of me. It was really interesting. lol 

Came home and got supper going. I enjoyed some time with Patrick. The weather was hot in the afternoon. We have the smoke in the air lately. All the fires from the middle of the state are coming this way. We can even smell it. I will need to take some Zyrtec tonight. I get allergies when that happens. 

We will be taking mom to Olympia to look for a new dishwasher. Hers broke. It cracked where the buttons are. 

Patrick and I just enjoyed Pinocchio on Netflix. It was one of the better ones I've seen! I never cared for this movie. Not even the animated movie. I did enjoy this one. 

I'm trying to get back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...