Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Working On Moms Quilt

This morning I was out the door before getting breakfast. Not supposed to do that! lol I headed to Sandy's to give her sister Jeannette a Birthday card before she headed back to Canada. She was leaving shortly after I left. We had a good chat and enjoyed visiting. I would have gone over sooner but they went to Packwood over the weekend. 

My next stop was to visit with Judy Hensley. She's a QOV member at my old group - Stars and Stripes in Olympia. I love it when I can visit with her. I gave her the Thank You card that we had done for the group that gave us all that fabric. She's always supposed our group even though she is part of the other group. She started out with Olympia when it first started, so she decided to stay up there till she couldn't make the trip. I'm sure we will get her one of these days. She's an awesome lady and does as much as I do. 

I stopped at the coffee shop on my way to moms and got us some Chia Tea. Finally arriving at moms around 10 am. I brought McD's sausage bisques with me. We ate breakfast and then started to work on the red fabric. It was time to get to work on the Hawaiian quilt she's doing for a friend. As we were ironing the fabric, the iron leaked water. It changed the color of the red. So, we ended up cutting the fabric first then putting it in the washing machine. While that was going on, mom did her bills and I went to Nancy's. First I picked up her Color Grabbers and then had to go back to show her how to enter veterans. She had 2 forms that needed to be entered. I wanted her to see the questions that are on there. We need to fix our forms for more information. We went over a couple others that were entered. After working on a few of the QOV stuff, I headed back to moms. The first time I drove to Nancy's and the second time I walked. So, I had to walk back to moms. No big deal. 

Got back to moms and the wash was done. The color grabbers was a red as blood. So, we ran it through again. By the time I needed to get back home, it was done and the color grabber was a light pink. Told her it was good enough to work on. I didn't get to help her iron it and fold it, but will do that Friday or next week. I have to take her and Daisy to Olympia for an eye appointment. So, if I have to, will stay longer and get that done. She's in a hurry to cut it. I want her to slow down. Her health is getting better but she tires easily. Today tired her out. 

Came home. Patrick was ready and we headed to Longview for Red Lobster. We arrived around 4 pm. Had a good meal and as I was putting my leftovers in the box, I snap it shut - or so I thought! It popped open and slid off the table. My crab linguine was a pile on the floor!! I was so embarrassed!  Cleaned it up and went to wash my hands. Patrick told me when I got back that they were fixing me more. I was shocked! Happy too because it's really good! I told her I was sorry for the mess. She told me not to worry about it. We had dessert and then she brought me a take out box of the food!! Wow! Patrick left a nice tip for all she did. 

Came home and found the big leaves in the bucket had flowers. 


The leaves are huge! I wondered if they were going to have flowers or not. Reaches the roof line of the garage. 


Not sure what it is, but my daughter in law has a good idea. I just don't know how to spell it. lol 

I'm giving up on my day. It wasn't the best day, but it was okay. I can live with things not going my way. It wasn't really a day for stitching either. As much as I would have liked. I will try to do beading tomorrow. Need to get moving on those. Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow will be a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...