Friday, September 30, 2022

Virtual Class Day

 This morning I had to run into town to help Phil out. Once I had that done, I was back in time to attend my virtual class with Debbie Goff. While I waited a few minutes before attending my class, Patrick was making Grape Jelly and Grape Juice. He picked the grapes yesterday and was getting them ready to work on the juice and jelly. He made a lot of jelly. We had a really good year for grapes. 

At noon I was on the computer attending my class with Debbie Goff. I loved having the class all to myself. We worked on the tree part of the bonsai pattern. I really do like how this is going. 


 I worked on the doodle cloth. I didn't have DMC floss handy. Ended up running out of the room to get some floss. I found green close by and decided to use it. Then I was able to work on the chain stitch. We worked on the tree knots. It was fun. I do like the way she designs her stuff. Plus she comes up with stitches that I haven't seen. This is fun. We worked on the tree for about 2 hours and then called it quits. It was just an introduction part of the class today but since I was the only one who signed up for the class, she wanted to teach it. I'm thrilled she did! She lives in FL and was lucky enough to be 2 hours north of the area that got hit bad. I am going to start working on the original piece this week. I want to get that tree going. I think this is so much fun! 

I then got to work on getting my floss in the "Annie's Keepers." I was unraveling them when we were working in the class. I wanted to get it done and ready for next week. 


Once that was done, I wanted to get back to working on my beading. That Parrot needs to get done! I found I made a mistake on the attached area. I ended up taking it off the piece and found I had a mistake. 


I had to unzip this piece - this is after - because the bottom piece was reversed. So, one could tell I had one half going one way while the other half was going another. I then zipped this back up. Then it was time to put it on the parrot part. 


I had to add a row of black because it wasn't in the position to be zipped together. Now I'm adding it to the top. Tomorrow I will fasten it to the back. I should be done by tomorrow. I was hoping to have it done today, but ended up with more mistakes than I needed. So, I'm going to take a break and pick it back up tomorrow. It's about time to get this done. I will look over Sophie's piece and see what I need to order. I will do that this weekend. 

I found that I like the virtual classes. It's fun to do. I will be doing more classes in the future. The board is working on Seminar for next year. It's going slow but we may have it after all. In the meantime I'm having too much fun being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...