Saturday, October 1, 2022

Visiting Family

 This morning we had a few things going on. Patrick's beautiful tomatoes were roasted. We wanted to make a tomato sauce. It was in the oven for a good hour. Then we got busy. 

Before - 

After - 

I was getting the skins off the cooked tomatoes. We got the recipe off the web. As we all know, everything is on the web! 

After that was done, I sat and worked on my beading. 


It's now completed and hanging on the wall. Patrick loves putting my beads on the wall! He's telling me where the snowman will go when Christmas decorations come in. Funny part is that we will be gone most of December. 

Then it was time to visit the family. We arrived at moms to find my sister-in-law cleaning up a cabinet in the garage. Apparently mom's coke exploded. She also found they were over a year old. So, she throw them out. I texted Katt to see how long coke lasts. She told me "forever." But then she said if it's a year old, it should be pitched because the carbonation is gone or close to gone. 

Alicia got mom straightened out with her meds. She even did a chart for mom to check off each day. It has the medications with colored stars as well as on the chart. She's a nurse and she has a routine for her clients that she used on mom. She's an ER nurse. I thought it was great! Mom said she has a hard time remembering what she needs to take. We all told her it should be easy now. Plus sister-in-law put her iwatch set for every hour to do her breathing piece. 

Came home after a couple hours. Cleaned up my beads and table cloth. Put the table cloth in the washer. Then I pulled out all my beads to chart them. Added the beads I didn't use, then took off the beads that I need for my "Fireplace Sophie" piece. I need 10 more beads before I can start. So, I ordered my beads from Aurora Beading Company. I also looked at the Barrell of Beads site and I like that one as well. I will be looking into ordering from there. They are cheaper when it comes to 5 grams. I didn't use them because I wanted 25 grams on a couple of them. They just had the 5 gram tubes. 

I'm looking forward to getting started on that piece which will definitely have me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...