Wednesday, October 12, 2022

QOV Fabric Pick Up & Beading

 This morning was a scheduled QOV meeting for members to come and collect fabric to make quilts with. About 15 mins past the meeting day, no one arrived. I texted Kristi and she said she was on the way. We spend a good hour before anyone else arrived. Debbie came and then Connie and Donna came. They picked out some good fabric and took a few other things that needed to be done. It felt good to have some of the fabric going out the door. I just hope we have more quilts coming back. Gave Connie some fabric to do more kits. 

It was about 1:30 pm before they left. I pulled two quilts from the back room to add the labels. Then I called it done and pulled out my beads. 

Patrick and I sat out on the deck. I worked on half of this (doing the rest later). I was making sure my pattern worked right. I noticed I have two pages of the second page. 

When we came back in for supper, I pulled out the last two quilts that needed to be labeled. 


Label was done for this quilt that Connie made with all the odd ball blocks we have. She's good at putting them together. 


Then my quilt needed a label. So, now I have eleven quilts that will go the to museum tomorrow when we present eight quilts. We had a hard time with that. Kristi insisted that her quilt go to one of the original six veterans. Told her we couldn't do that because five quilts are coming from Bellevue and the sixth quilt has a quilt assigned to him. She then asked if we could find someone to give the quilt to. Diane was called and asked to get ahold of another veteran. She did, he said yes. Then about ten minutes later I received a call from one of our quilters asking if we still had her quilt. She wanted it to go to her brother-in-law. That quilt is at the museum. So, we were back to the same place we started. Connie suggested one she got the paperwork for. She didn't have a quilt for him. I called and he said he would love to come tomorrow. I explained to him that we had an "extra" quilt to give out tomorrow and would he be interested in coming to get it tomorrow. He surprised the crap out of me and said, "Sure." Now we have eight veterans receiving quilts. What a pain! But it all came out good!

I then went back to beading on the panel. I didn't get it done, but I will try to finish the panel tomorrow. At least there is some work done. I will need to do one more panel of both of them. I think the next set I'm going to change the greens in it. I want more true greens in that ornament. I will work on it. That's the fun part of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...