Thursday, October 13, 2022

A Presentation For The Records

Presentation day! I arrived early to find about 4 others as early as I was. That shocked me because they are usually about a half hour after me. We got things moving. As we put the quilts that were assigned up, we waited for the quilts from Bellevue. They arrived around 12:15 pm which was great. Then We put the quilts out. I was told that Georgie's husband was supposed to get one of the quilts that has her blocks! I explained that we couldn't do that because we had 5 quilts that came from Bellevue. Georgie's daughter-in-law as having a fit! She wanted one of her mother's blocks in the quilt. So, we found another veteran that came who was signing up for a quilt. He lived at Woodland estates. That gave us a chance to get one of Georgie's blocks (quilt) out for her husband. Poor Georgie, she was so embarrassed with her  daughter-in-law. I felt for her. I almost told the daughter-in-law that my husband doesn't have a quilt that I made. Anyway, she was trying to get me to move Josh's quilt to her father. I told her that was the quilt for Josh. She didn't like that answer. 

Anyway, we ended up with 9 veterans after all. It was a good presentation. We had one guy who was late, thinking we started at 2 pm. It was a good thing I was 15 mins behind - trying to please everyone! Once we were going, he showed up "early" for 2 pm and was just in time to get his quilt. Poor Smiley had to figure out what to say about him because he didn't get the chance to interview him. Over all it was a good presentation and no one knew what I went through to get it so everyone was happy! Debbie was helping me. The guy from the Chronicle was there and with me going up and down the stairs (out of breath), I was sweating and red faced! So, any picture of me is going to be bad!


Glenna Ralff in the middle is 100 years old. She's a WWII veteran that we had the honor to honor. She was also the first stewardess when airlines allowed women to be help in the airlines. A kick and in great condition! 


This was the quilt Patrick picked out for Josh! It was fun making the quilt. I may do another one like it. He loved it from what I could tell. He left before I could chat with him. I did tell him that Patrick picked it out for him. 

I was home by 3 pm. Patrick was still golfing. He decided not to go. I was surprised since Josh was his bowling partner. Patrick just texted he got a 618 series. That's awesome. He's not doing that good on Sunday night. 

I decided to work on the embroidery piece for the group. 


They didn't send enough of the Cira floss, so I'm glad I ordered more. I will work on the blue area around the tear drops. Then I'll work on the center. I'm just glad my floss arrived today. I'm going to try and get this done asap so that I don't have to worry about it. I'm not going to wash it because it will be easier for the person putting it together. The best part is that I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...