Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Sad News Today & Presentation Day

This morning I went to moms early because of my physical therapy. I parked at moms and then walked over to the physical therapists. Before I went, I stopped in to see mom. She was in a good mood. Said she had to take Daisy to the vet. So, we both left at the same time. As I was getting out of the therapy, I received a text. Mom said they were doing tests on Daisy and they thought her kidneys were failing. I told her I was sorry to hear that. As I reached moms, I received another text that she was putting Daisy to sleep. Hard break! I asked Nancy to go and comfort mom because I had to be at the presentation before others. She gave me a list of things she needed and I went to Walmart first. Then I went to pick up coffee for the 3 of us. (Debbie was the third). She was getting things in order for me. 

One of the veterans didn't come on the bus. So, we worked on getting his family to go get him. We were at 1:10 pm when he went to get his father. At 1:15 about I got started because they didn't want to wait till 1:30 pm when he would probably arrive. We told everyone that we would take a break when he arrived so Smiley could chat with him about his service. As we were starting to award the quilts, he arrived. He was then next to receive the quilt. Before when we took the break, we gave a raffle gift out. Then he came up and received his quilt. As he walked down the aisle he was crying. I realized he was a Vietnam Veteran. I felt for him! He family was very supportive and wonderful. We had everyone get in for the group photos - which I didn't get this time. I'm waiting on Diane to send the photos.  

I came home and realized I forgot to stop at Safeway for fried chicken. So, I dropped the 2 quilts off that need binding. Then I got back in the car and went to pick up supper. Came home and pretty much relaxed all the rest of the day. I did have to do my exercises. Which are going to be taking some getting used to. I have to do them 2 x's a day. With 2 of them 3 x's a day. I'm working on it. 

We will be heading up to Olympia tomorrow afternoon. I will have plenty of time tomorrow to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!




No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...