Thursday, October 6, 2022

One Of Those Days - When Things Go Wrong

 Patrick's day to golf. My day to get caught up on laundry. AND work on some cooking. I needed to get the tomato sauce done and put in bags to freeze. My next thing was to make our Chocolate Chip Date Cake. 

Okay, things started to go okay. I did the recipe as it was written down - only because it's been a while since I made it. One of mom Wiltzius' recipe. Well.............................

Something went WRONG. It all sank into the cake! I couldn't believe it. The taste was there, but the topping ended up in the middle to the bottom of the cake. I waited for Patrick to get home and see if it would have to be remade. - Of course it would!

Remade and better. Except it's dry......UGH!! I thought it was under cooked and Patrick took it out. Come to find out, it's a little on the dry side. I like it more moist. So does Patrick. I had the piece with ice cream and that helped. lol 

Okay, that didn't work. Next I started working on a new recipe called Pain aux Raisins. Okay, I should have waited till tomorrow. But I decided to forge ahead. i worked on the Basic Brioche Dough. Yep, worked on it. An hour later, I figured it was where it needed to be. Now it's in the fridge and should be fine tomorrow. I couldn't believe my machine was getting HOT with the hook attachment. I added a little flour as I was getting closer to being done. It said to take 15 mins and I ended up with about 45 mins. Never fails. I just hope after all that, that it comes out good. Patrick is picking up raisins and an orange. He wants the orange taste in it. Tomorrow I will do the pastry cream and then work on shaping it. 

After finally giving up on cooking, I sat down to work on my laundry folding. Then I sat down to work on my embroidery. 

I finished one of 2 flowers that needed to be done. 


One down and one to go. I'm not sure if I like this one. The colors are a little weird. lol Pink, purple, and a grey. It works though, so won't complain. 

Patrick did pretty good bowling. Now I'm ready to try and get better sleep tonight. My hip has been hurting too much last night to sleep very good. At least with the pain, I was still able to cook and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...