Sunday, October 9, 2022

Something About Nothing

 What is it about doing nothing that makes it something? I love just sitting and watching TV while either playing games or embroidery. Don't get me wrong - some TV is awful and I don't watch it. I enjoy the nature shows, exploring shows, and movies. I don't care for daily shows that are on now. So, my nights are working on something while listening to my books. 

Patrick shut the TV off (thank goodness) and went out to nap on the swing set. I pulled my book out and worked on my embroidery. I am actually enjoying working on this project. Good thing I have a good teacher teaching me. 

I worked on the bottom knot. Then I finished up my tree with the brown. Now, I can get busy putting my tree together. Just like the upper part. I'm happy with the way this is looking. I know what I need to do, so I'm going to work on it tomorrow at our meeting. I hope it will look as good as my teachers, but I'm just thrilled to be having fun with this. 

There is just something about not having anything to do on the schedule. I can do what I want. And if that's playing games, so be it. If it's just working on my crafts, then that's good to. I find that when I have the day unscheduled it's what I WANT to do and not what I NEED to do. That's why I think I like being home and just enjoying the day. I may go outside and sit on the swing set. I may play with Sophie or I might just listen to my books. I'm okay with that. At times I think I waste the day away, but then I look at all the things I have made or done, I realize that isn't true. This is enjoying life. I think of the people who have passed before me. I miss them, I love them, and at times it feels like a dream. But that's life as my father always told. Life for now, because you may not have tomorrow. 

We headed off to bowling. I bowled better than I have in the last couple weeks. I bowled 171, 165, 179. We bowled the team that was 4 games behind us - we are first. We lost 3 games. So, now we have to win all our games next week. It's going to be hard. But we can try. We need to stay in first so we don't have to worry about it later on. With us going on a cruise and then our team mates going on another cruise, we may not be in the top again for awhile. 

My day turned out pretty good. I am trying to stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...