Saturday, October 8, 2022

Embroidery And A Movie

Today started out quiet. I did work on the rolls this morning. It took about 3 hours to get them completely done, so it wasn't breakfast, but lunch. 


 This is before frosting. 


Then after frosting. I loved working on this. It is a long process. They were pretty good. Patrick loved them, so that's saying something. My first time making them. 

After that was completed, we went out on the deck. Patrick read his book and took a nap. I worked on my embroidery. I know I need to work on the piece for BDEIG but that can wait till I get my floss in. 


AI worked on the top of the tree. This turned out better than I thought. I will be doing that to the brown area as well. 


I was able to add the "v" on the bottom. I will work on it. I am going to fill in the rest of the tree to work on the chain stitches to fill in the tree. I would like to get the tree done, so I can work on the bowl. I'm looking forward to working on the leaves next week. If we do the leaves. I can do the moss on the bowl later. That may be my next step. 

When I finished the top of the tree, it was time to go to the movies. We decided to see "Amsterdam" and I don't know how to rate it. It was slow, but interesting. It was interesting to see how it was referring to the war. It's almost like they were trying to remind everyone that history has been known to repeat it's self. I saw history in it. I saw little comedy. There was some weird "gore" but not enough to bother me too much. I didn't watch the bloody parts, but that wasn't a lot. Like I said, not sure how to rate the movie. Was it something I would see again? - probably not. Was it something that kept me involved in it? - Sort of. At times I wanted it to "wind down" or "get to the point." Did I get a story out of it? - that would be a yes. Even though it took awhile to tell it. Again, hard to say how I would rate it. 

Played a few games before calling it a day. It was a good day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...