Thursday, August 25, 2022

Day 4 Of A Busy Week

This morning I was up and just about ready to leave, when Connie called to tell me she had to take her daughter to the chiropractor.  So, I was ready to take the day off.....we all know how my plans work out. Connie said she would be by my house around 11:30 to early afternoon. Okay, now I have to wait. Everyone I know knows how I take waiting! I wanted to start something, but what? If I did what would I do? Oh, heck, just play games! 

I did clean the cat box. Then I got a message from Debbie that she wanted to see me and Connie. Told her when I expected Connie. Debbie came around noon. We sat and chatted about what we were going to do for the September 1st meeting. Then we worked on pulling fabrics to show the group what they can do to make quilts. Connie finally arrived and we loaded all the stuff from my car to hers. She came done to see all the fabric and couldn't believe it. I gave her 2 bolts of fabric. One white and one off white. She's good to go. She also picked up some blues. We sat outside and chatted for awhile. 

Just before Connie left she offered to show me how to use the machine to check my blood sugar level. That was interesting. And almost fun. But I know it won't be fun if I have to do it every day. She told me to do it for awhile to get used to using the machine. I agreed. That way when I do need it, it's there and I know what to do. 

After she left, I went out to pick blueberries. I got another 4-6 cups of blueberries. Patrick told me we had 6 bags of blueberries in the freezer. I decided to have him drop them off with my son. 

After supper I shredded the zucchini Patrick brought in from the garden a couple days ago. I had enough for 8 cups. I froze 3 bags and then decided to make zucchini bread. It's grandmother's old recipe. 

Patrick had his bowling meeting tonight. So, I decided to work on getting labels on the quilts. I was able to get one done before he got home. Will do the other one later. 


  I will drop 11 off tomorrow at the museum. We will be all set for the 3rd. This is a top that Val Gordon and Kathy Halphide worked on. Turned out awesome!

Now I'm tired. It been HOT all day. Sweat is coming off my head like water. So, I'm going to try and cool down. I hope I will be able to do another top here pretty soon. But when I have bindings to stitch down, it will be awhile. But hey, that's what it's all about - Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...