Monday, November 7, 2022

A Day At BE Meeting, Moms, And PT

Today started out early. Had to head out the door and get my routine done. First, bank, second, bowling alley, stopped for tea, and on to the grange. 

There was three of us again today. I can't wait for more people to show up! Had a good meeting. Showed what I learned in class and worked on my Five Alive piece. 


 I finished the leaves. Then I tried to do the bud area. I was able to put a couple hours in on it. Cindy gave me some tea from the Russian shop in Tacoma. 

Once that was over, I headed to Connie's to drop off some fabric and batting. Then to Papa Pete's for a pizza to bring home. Next stop was moms. We went over to Nancy's and picked up some QOV stuff. I'm missing the schedule and we figured out where that was after talking to Nancy. I will make sure we pick it up on Thursday so I can have it read for Friday and the Jan. presentation. 

Came back to mom's and worked on the Hawaiian quilt for Bob. We pinned it first. 


We were able to put it on her table. 


Once it was all pinned, we started basting it. 


We decided to just do the inside part. Mom can take that with her to Las Vegas to work on. When she gets back, we can put the border part on and she can applique that done. Right now she has this to work with. 

I then headed over to my Physical Therapy at 4 pm. Once I was over that, I had to go back to moms to get the stuff Georgie dropped off. Then it was on my way home. 

Patrick was "testy" because I was so late. He hates eating at 6 pm. We actually ate around 5:30 pm. Then he seemed to calm down. I called my niece to get some information from her about mom. Mom told me something that ticked me off. I found out mom was testing me. My niece and I are on the same page. Now I need to get my brother to get mom on that page. 

After such a long day, I still wanted to work on my piece.


I ended up taking the inside stem out because my bullion was way to long and sloppy. So, I redid it and started the satin stitching on it. I quit at this point. I will take it tomorrow to Patrick's doctor appointment. 

Even though I missed a board meeting, I was still glad to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...