Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Trip To Olympia - Yet Again

This morning we headed to the museum to collect a quilt for our state coordinator. Then we headed up to Olympia to meet with the Stars and Strips QOV group. They were doing a remembrance for Bill Tate. We arrived a little after they started to eat. I took some cookies for them. Patrick was a sweet heart and took me up there. Then I was able to visit with Linda and Judy. It was so good to talk to them. They were asking about Faye. Guess they knew more than me. I visited with Sharon as well. She gave me a bag of the peppermint gum packages that Bill was saving for me. I laughed and thanked her. They work great for the beads. 

We came home. Then I played a few games and worked on laundry. I have most of the laundry done. We came home to a box on the steps. It was all the pins for Vietnam Veterans. I will be giving them out with quilts. I have a couple of them for Nov 11th. 

I worked on supper and did some bills for Gunderson. Then I just listened to my book and played a few games. 

Mom called while we were gone. She even called Patrick's number. When we got home he told me she called. I knew it wasn't good news. She told me that Nancy Smith had a stroke after her knee surgery and was in the ICU. So my mind was on Nancy all afternoon. She was having trouble communicating but by 4 pm she was getting better. They were going into her room every hour to get her to move and talk. I pray she comes out of it. Time will tell. I had to let everyone know she had complications. I'm praying for her!! She's such a sweet heart and she is always in a good mood. I thought she was the healthiest of all of us, and now I'm not so sure. 

Since my mind and heart were not in it, I wasn't Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


  

1 comment:

Anne Kirby said...

So sorry about your friend. It seems like she is improving so i pray it continues.

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...