Thursday, November 3, 2022

At Moms And PT Today

 Today I was up and ready to go to moms. I felt like I was missing something when I left. I'm not used to leaving the house without something to work on or something to drop off. 

Mom and I went to the Vets to pick up Daisy's ashes. The came back and pulled out the Hawaiian quilt for Bob. We ironed the red and then put the pattern on the piece. Once we had it all pinned down, mom started to cut it out. It's really pretty! She had about 1/4 th of it cut out. She will be doing that off and on over the next day or so. 

Nancy called from the hospital and her daughter in law was with her. The first thing she said was "I am alive." Then the phone went dead. She called back and the good news is that she can think about what is needed. She wanted me to know she couldn't do QOV stuff. I told her not to worry about it and that we were working on it. She though she needed to be there on the 11th and I told her it was an easy presentation and not to worry about it. We don't have another one till January, so we have plenty of time and she needs to work on getting better. She doesn't need to worry about QOV. She said thank you. She tried to talk a full sentence but once in a while one work was missing. She's doing a heck of a lot better than I thought she was. I was so glad to hear her talk! I was worried she would be like my late Uncle Bill De Spain and not be able to talk but a few words. 

Went to physical therapy and then back to moms. Since was was watching TV, I decided I'd go home. We have rain now. It's supposed to get worse tonight and tomorrow. I just hope my window above my bed doesn't break. It's the last of the two panes. Fingers crossed it will stay in tact. 

Debbie called to tell me her brother had a stroke today. She was just leaving the hospital. It was a 2 hour visiting in the ER. Shame I wasn't so lucky! I just pray nothing else happens!

Patrick went bowling and I enjoyed listening to my book and playing games. I got my exercises in. I worked on my piece for my virtual class on Saturday. 


I worked on the butterfly wings. I'm starting to do a button hole stitch around the wire. I had to couch the wire down. Then I need to do the button hole around the wire. I need my mag light to work on this. It need to be done very fine. Should be fun to see what we do with them. I'm not sure if we will be doing the wings Saturday or work on the piece itself. Either way, I will be ready when she wants to show how to do the wings. That was as far as I got to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...