Saturday, November 5, 2022

Virtual Class And More

Today I was up about an hour before class. Patrick let me sleep. lol - So I got moving and got set up for our meeting. Since we had a big wind storm last night, all the leaves in the back yard went to the open field next door. Good thing our tree was cut down already. 

Went to the class. One of the gals in the group couldn't make it because of power outage. We couldn't get a hold of her. So, we went on without her. 

The first thing we worked on was the leaves. That was simple enough. Then we went on to the flower. 


This was the leaf. The tip is with a glory and then the bottom part of the leaf is a frost. They look really nice. 


I forgot we could do the outline stitches on the petal. I then did another outline stitch right by the first. Once that was done we did some fill in stitches. We used 3 different colors and needles. Once that was done, we worked on the yellow "flower ovary." It was done with attached stem stitches. We put straight stitches across with a 1/4" apart. Then we did the stem stitches over the cross stitches. It was fun and easy. Once that was done, we learned how to do the cast one with 2 pink and 2 blue threads. It was fun. I only did 2 of the 3. Talk about some work. I got the second one too tight and it was hard to get the threads through. She extended our class an hour to make sure we got the idea and knew what we were doing before she closed the class for next week. 

I decided I wanted to get most of it done for next week. If I can get the flower done then I'll be all ready to work on the butterflies and get this done. It will go faster than the tree. I will work on the tree once this one is done. I think this will take less time. 

Mom called and Nancy can have visitors. She wanted me to go up with her tomorrow but Phil is coming over. Then I have bowling. That didn't help. Think she was mad at me for being busy tomorrow. Feel bad, but I can't work it out. Told her to ask Carmen. 

I spend the rest of the day working on my "Sew Five Alive" piece. 


I started working on the bottom right leaf and realized I needed to get the bottom left done first. Once that is done, I will go back and finish the one on the right. It's coming along really well. I do like the way it looks. I have to do the center part before I can work on the flower. I will get as much done as I can before next week. Now that's what I call Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...