Sunday, November 6, 2022

Better Bowling

 This morning we slept in because we could. The time changed and we got an extra hour in. I just wish the congress would pass a bill that we stop daylight savings time. I am always off track. When we have to change it back, I will be a mess. 

I played a few games. Then I cleaned house. Patrick and I mopped the wood floors and got under some of the area rugs. We vacuumed and I did my usual kitty litter. We did more cleaning then we normally do on Sunday. I didn't get any laundry going but will probably do that on Tuesday since tomorrow is busy. 

Phill stopped in to see us! I was so nice! I enjoyed the 3 hour visit. That is rare but really nice. I'm looking forward to things getting better and he will be able to visit more. I hope one day his wife will be able to come visit as well. Time will tell. 

Decided to make dessert. Patrick found a recipe for a Mississippi Mud Pie - I think that's the name. It went really well and was easy. Patrick helped. He had some when we got home from bowling. 

He said it turned out really good. It's a brownie with marshmallows and chocolate frosting. 

Called mom to see if she went to see Nancy. Nancy was so excited to see her and Carman. I would have gone but I wanted to visit with my son. Nancy is doing better and is going to the stroke center in Tacoma tomorrow or Tuesday. She's getting better. Things are taking a little bit of time. 

I cut the batting and backing for Connie. I went looking for threads for Sandy. I have that all ready to go tomorrow when I am out and about. I'm looking forward to working on my embroidery tomorrow. I will try to work on it more after our embroidery meeting. I really do want to get as much done as I can. 

Then it was time for bowling. I bowled a lot better tonight. JoAnn and I were tied in average. Tonight she bowled out of her tree and got a 599 series. As for me, I bowled a 523 series. I had a couple 170 games. I was trying to find my scores on my app, but they aren't showing up. I did a lot better then I have in a long time. Now I just need to keep this up. My back was hurting a little bit. At least I could still bowl. 

It wasn't one of those days. I wasn't able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...