Saturday, September 7, 2019

A Day Of Stitching And Quilting!

This morning started out pretty good. Once I got going, I went downstairs.

I kept thinking of the Mystery Quilt for QOV. There was a message in my email, saying that there would be a contest. It's a voting contest on the Mystery Quilt. So, I decided, "Oh, heck, that would be fun." Not like me, but I thought I would try. I have till the 15th to get the photo sent to them. So.....I went downstairs, picked out the colors, and got started.


This is the pattern, and I'm looking forward to working on this. I got started early.......


Cut, sewed and trimmed. The yellow sticker tells me what blocks they are so when I need to put them together, I have them. I was surprised at how well it was going together. I did find that there is a lot of waste, and I've been trying not to waste my fabrics as I go along. It's working out pretty good. I have a couple pieces of fabric that is pieces and not salvage to salvage. I do with what I can.


I'm hoping the colors go together, and I'm more a bright person. Patrick thought they worked good.


So, I finished up the first 2 Mysteries. I believe there are 5 different steps. The first two were fun because I didn't have any trouble doing them.

Now I'm ready to go to the next step. I was looking at it and decided around 4 pm, that I was done for the day. I'll work on it tomorrow. I would like to have this done soon. If I get it done before I go to Bill's I can get it quilted.

Speaking of quilting.......I pulled out my quilt that I quilted on over 15 years ago. It was done over 20 years ago when I lived in Pullman. Now I live in Chehalis, and this poor quilt has been passed around, laid on by pets, and it even looks like a few spills got on it. So, I only have the border to quilt.....which comes to the point. I took out the corner quilting stitches, and changed the design. I am now quilting on it.


Another project that needs to be completed. Another project that has been on the back burner for over 20 years. When Daisy used it for a bed yesterday, I decided it was time to get this WIP done! I can't keep putting it off. So, I'm quilting the corner of the first of two borders. One day this will be done, and I'm hoping it will possibly be this week. IN MY DREAMS! Of course, but I can try.

We didn't go bowling, so it leaves me to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!\

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...