Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Off To Olympia And Back

This morning I was able to get some laundry started before heading up to Olympia. I had 2 appointments and needed to be prepared. So, instead of taking the quilt I'm binding, I took my embroidery.

I was up and out the door by 9 am. Then I was about 15 mins early for my ultra sound. That was okay, because I played a couple games and tried to do embroidery but it was too crowded to enjoy that. So, I played. After the ultra sound I had an hour wait. So, I went to the waiting room and worked on my Brazilian embroidery.


This was about where I started. I was working on the pine needles. Then I branched off from there.


I actually got a lot done. I'm happy with it. I also worked on the rose leaf and decided I wanted to do a different leaf than it called for. I like it better than the one in the pattern.

After my appointment I headed back home. Stopped at the museum and found out we are not doing Monday's any more. So, the good news is I can get together with Sandy on the off Mondays's. She did ask if I would work Friday. Told her to call me on Thursday if she's still stuck.

Came home and worked on QOV stuff. I had 1 cancel for tomorrow, which didn't help at all!! Now I'm having to find someone else to be there and it looks like that won't happen. Or if it does, I'll probably end up with 2 coming in tomorrow and have to figure out what to do. UGH I also had to do the certificates. Contacted everyone to remind about tomorrow. One didn't realize it was tomorrow - my bad! They will be here though and that's good.

After all that, I finally got out the quilt to bind.



I found this corner needed to be redone. So, I took out about 12" and resewed it on. Then I got the corner to lay better.


This was what I took out and put back in. It worked out better that way.


This is the end result. It works out. One of the other corners I wasn't real happy with but it works. I may take it out and do it again. I'll wait and look at them again tomorrow. I am happy with how it's coming along. Once in awhile, while I'm working it, I wonder if it's looking okay. I try harder when I know it's for someone else. I hope to finish it tomorrow after QOV and before bowling. I really need to finish it tomorrow so I can deliver it on my way back or before going back up to Olympia. I also need to get a quilt up to Bill. Ouch, forgot about that too. Another list is getting done before I go to bed.

I stayed up to work on the quilt. It's getting late, and I need to call it a day. At least I was both Happy Stitching and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...