Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Getting Caught Up - Part 2

As I said before, I've been thinking of posting - but it didn't happen. Thinking and typing are two different things. Apparently I can't do both!

This put us to Tuesday this week.

Man, the days are going and I can't remember one day from the next at times. Don't think I've been this busy since the kids (adults now) were kids.

I woke around 9 am. Didn't get to sleep till about 1 pm, so I decided to sleep in. I noticed Dan was still sleeping and let him sleep. I knew he would be tired and would need to sleep when he got out of surgery. They didn't call to tell him he would be earlier, so when he did get up - 11 am - he was getting ready.

Before we left, I took the pieces for the quilt downstairs. I did forget to say I was ripping out my stitches on the quilt at the museum. I got all the seam ripping done before I worked on my embroidery. So, I went downstairs and cut the piece - 1 7/8 to 1 3/8. I had cut it too big and it didn't work. I wasn't smart when I figured it out - because I cut an inch off the piece after I sewed it together. So, the seam ripping was taking out the piece I cut and the piece I needed to cut. Major pain. But I needed to do it. Now I remember why I hate sewing! I sewed part of one together before Dan needed some help.

Dan was getting the TV set up for his gaming. Because of where it is in the house, it wouldn't connect to WiFi. - Yes, I know, we need a new motum (?), but Patrick doesn't want to go and get the upgrades because Comcast will raise the bill and it's high enough right now - so he says. I told him we need to go to the center and get what he wants with a lower bill - we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, back to Dan. I told him to take the TV back to the room his in. The kids had it back there and it worked fine for them. He doesn't watch TV, but plays games. So, I told him have fun. We moved all the TV and his gaming stuff to the bedroom - and I about DIED! There were little nats all over the carpet and in the cracks of the brick!! I ran and got the vacuum and started vacuuming it all up!! I was getting chills doing that - hate bugs!! Got all that cleaned up and we had 10 mins to spare, but then he said they were on the quilts on the bed - UGH, UGH, UGH!! Usually Patrick goes down and gets the room ready for company but I guess he didn't this time! So, I took the quilts and brought them upstairs to wash. I washed one while we were gone.

We left around 12:20 pm and arrived early to his appointment. When we got there, we signed all kinds of papers and then we sat and waited a good hour. He went in and got ready while I waited out in the room. Then they called me in. We sat and waited another 2 hours before they wheeled him in. So, I drove to Safeway and dropped off his meds, then went to City Hall to get my flu shot! Had to wait on Patrick, as he had my paperwork. Got the flu shot and headed over to moms.

Mom and I sat and talked. Then watched some TV. I worked on the embroidery - so glad I took it along.


I got to work on the leaves some more. At least the branches are done. Except for the holy - that I will do last.


It's coming along. If I get moving and get all the leaves done, then I can do the roses and the holy. Works for me.

I waited till 5 pm and then went over to the Orthopedic center where Dan was. I hadn't heard from anyone and it was 2 1/2 hours later. I couldn't believe they didn't call. So, I sat down in the waiting room. The nurse came out about 1/2 hour later, looked and me and questions who I was with. Told her Dan, and she went back in the room. Not a minute later came back out and said, "come on in." So, I did and Dan was sitting in the chair getting out of his sleepy state. I asked what they did, and they thought the doctor had talked to me. Said, no, he hadn't. So, we ended up waiting. Apparently he came out in the waiting room and when I wasn't there, went back in and told Dan what he did. Dan didn't remember any of it! So, we waited for the doctor to come back out and tell me what they did.

Put Dan in the back of the van, drove to Safeway for his meds, then headed home. Patrick got pizza and it was cold by the time we got home. No worries. Patrick helped Dan get down the stairs, and then took him supper.

Poor guy slept all the way through it. He didn't eat by the time I left him, but said he would later. I go down every 20 mins to change the ice pack.

So, I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...