Friday, September 13, 2019

Finished The Top

This morning I actually slept in. Partly because I couldn't sleep last night. Even when I tried to go to sleep at midnight. UGH

I went walking with Cherry after getting up. I also got coffee going for Dan. Before I left, I gave him the coffee and then when I got back gave him the left over pizza.

Then I headed downstairs to get to work on my quilt top. I HATE having to cut the boarders in half. I ended up having to do that on both boarders. I wish people who make patterns would be so kind as to tell me what size the boarders are going to be. Then I would cut the length of the fabric to get the boarder cut and ready for when I'm done. I like to cut the length and not the WTF. Width is a pain, because one ends up wasting more. In this pattern I wasted some fabric. If I had cut the length of the fabric, I could have saved more fabric.


I like the way it came out. The colors aren't really showing right. I'm waiting for tomorrow and get a better picture before I send that photo to QOV for the contest. It has to be in by the 15th and then voting starts on the 16th. I will try and get a full photo tomorrow. May have Patrick take the photo and I'll hold it up. 

That was most of my day. I had trouble with the outer boarder because I thought it would go all the way with out a seam......no luck...was 4" short. Took it all out and seamed the boarder. UGH. I will run a stitch around the whole thing after I get the photo done. 

It was a good day, and it felt good to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...