Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Labor Day

Yesterday was a busy day......like I said it would be. Today won't be any better, I don't think.

It started out like any other day. Then Patrick and I got on a cleaning "fit." He worked on the bathrooms (love him for that), and I worked on the kitchen, and dinning room. Then we did the dusting around the house, which was something else! One big mess! We got that looking good, changed all the decor around the house, and the vacuumed. 3 bags later, we had everything looking good! And I'm going to plan to keep it that way.

While we had an hour or so to wait on guests, Patrick worked outside and I worked on Dian's binding. I'm really happy to see it go so fast. I was thinking of taking it with me to the doctors office but decided against that. Don't want to take the chance.


I have about 1/3 left to do on the second side, then I can do the "ends." I had to attach the 2 inside pieces first then go back and do the outer sides. It's actually coming along pretty good. I did find the "bulk" that is right there where I sew the binding down. It's interesting how it's done. I do like the looks of it. I just need to pay attention to the binding being even because if I'm not careful the binding starts to waver. I did take out some stitches in the beginning because of the wavering.

Had to call it quits because our guests arrived. They brought a Seahawk "Corn Husk" game. I remember that as "bean bag toss" but I guess it's changed. They even have a tournament for that! I never knew!! We had a blast. We kept changing partners and it worked out great. Nick seemed to win most of them.

Then we had supper and played some more. After we all got tired of it, we came up to the deck and sat and talked. It was one of our better times. We even talked about taking a cruse together. That would be fun. Patrick was laughing about his retirement being pushed to Oct 31st. He said this is it. I'm with him on that, Oct 31 and he's done. We can live with that. AND we can travel more.

So, even though it was busy, it was still a good day for being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...