Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Enjoying My Beading.....

As much as I would love to say I put the labels on 3 quilts and bound another QOV quilt, I won't say that. I didn't do that. I know I need to do that, but I didn't do that.

Instead I spent a good portion of my day beading. I listened to a podcast for the first time today. It was called "Armchair" something and I found I enjoyed it. It was 2 friends talking to each other - celebrities. I like to see what type of people are in show business. I found a couple that were interviewed that I decided I didn't care for them after the interview. This podcast I listened to 2 of them - Amy Schumer and Jason Ritter. I actually enjoyed it and found I have more respect for Amy then I ever did. At first I didn't care for her, for some reason or another. Then I listened to her talking and I found I like her as a person. So that was interesting. I started to listen to Lavar Burton but found that I didn't care for the book he was reading. Now I have something to listen to when I can't find a good book on tape. Trouble is, it eats up my battery life on my phone. I may have to put that on my tablet - but don't want to.

While I was trying to listen to the podcasts, I had one phone call after another! Then I had one text after another. What fun. Found out someone bought the property next to us. NOT happy about that. They want to put a duplex or 2 in there. NOT happy about that. I would love it if it was a house, but when someone as rich as these people busy it, there isn't spit I can say to change their minds. They are in it for the money. NOT happy. The property is owned (till the 15th) by the Uncle of my other neighbor. He called and told the family he was selling it. The amount he said he wanted and the amount he got are two different things - family was told the higher amount. Family (Cherry and her son) are both very upset with the Uncle. I am too! He was in it for the money and he got the money! Now the neighborhood has to deal with yet another duplex. I have a duplex on the other side of me, and now I will get another one on this side. NOT happy. House - I'd be happy - duplex NOT Happy. The 2 duplexes on our street are not kept up and they are not taken care of. Major pain. We got more traffic because of them AND that was when my cat disappeared 2 years ago!! We had some shady characters down there. This has been a safe neighborhood, and now with more duplexes coming in, it won't. Buyers don't care what the neighbors want. So, chances are building will beginner before the year is out....UGH!!

So, between chatting with Raymond (Cherry's son) and beading and Patrick texting and beading......I was able to get some beading done.


Till this....... I wasn't paying attention when I reached for my needle......pulled up the mat where the beads were and the whole right side went all over the place. This is actually after I put some of the beads back in their slots. At times like this, I'm so glad I don't have the whole tube of beads sitting there! I used the tubes to help me figure out what color went with what number. It took me about an hour to get all these back in place. NOT my favorite thing to do, but needs to be done.


Once all that was done, I went back to work on the bird. I got so into the podcast I had to take one row out, because it didn't work right. No clue where I got the numbers of beads I added that didn't belong. It turned out to be about 5 beads that didn't belong. Who knows what I was thinking. It's coming along nicely and I really do like the way it's coming along.

I played games this evening. I seem to be hooked on "Lily's Garden" lately. Can't seem to quit playing that game. I need to do my daily's on a couple other games as well. So, I will close this and get back to playing.

It was a good day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...