Sunday, September 29, 2019

Had Some Fun Today

This morning I was up way too early. But I got moving. I decided to make some homemade blueberry muffins. I got a recipe off  "all recipes." It was really good.


I was having fun with the recipe! This is the egg (on the bottom), milk and oil. I love how it separated. I put the oil in first, then the egg, then the milk. The milk covered the egg and the oil covered everything. I got a kick out of how it looked. The muffins were awesome and it's a "keeper" recipe. I will add it to my book of recipes.

Then I wanted to do some pretzels as well. So, I baked some more bread - pretzels. They also turned out wonderful.


I needed to make the first batch a little darker, but the second one came out great. They are the old German pretzels - which are soft pretzels. They really did turn out good. I don't know what my problem was! I never seems to get all my baking or cooking to turn out good. Usually one of them turns out to be crap. This time, who knows what my problem was, but it all turned out great. And both are "new" recipes for me.

Once I got all that done, I sat and worked on my beading.


I have 108/446 rows done. I really am loving this. I was trying to do laundry but didn't get much done. I wanted to work on my beads instead.

I really do need to get the quilt done. I have one more side of the binding to do. I will work on it tomorrow. Tomorrow is the only time I have between now and then to get ready for the presentation. I also need to do certificates and getting things ready. My mind is going nuts on all the stuff I need to get ready for. I have a feeling Barb forgot to contact our 90 year old to have him come on Wednesday. If she did, we may have to have him come on the 26th.

We then went bowling. I bowled a 205 and then went in the "toilet" with my bowling. I then bowled a 147, 156. Just not what I would have liked to have done after that 205. At least I'm getting better and getting a couple 200 games here and there. We lost 1 1/2 games and won 2 1/2 games. We tied on the total pins at the end. We almost split the games, but Patrick was able to tie it for us. We were in 2nd place before we started.

At least I can say today was a good day. Sue dropped off her quilt tops, and I have them ready to take to a quilter - if we can get a quilter to quilt them. I was able to enjoy beading and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...