Sunday, September 8, 2019

Another Day Of Stitching

Today I started out with getting up and then going back to sleep on the couch.

Once I finally got up - I went downstairs in hope of getting the top done.....yeah right. Yesterday was the day when everything went perfectly.....today....not so much!


As I was getting started, Sophie decided she wanted to check everything out.

I got started, and I felt good about sewing.....then I measured the blocks I finished, it didn't come out right, I was on the short side. Not enough to redo it all, but that ticked me off. Then I got the strips going, and I was 1" over the size I needed. So, I trimmed it....NOT smart!.....then I realized the white was 1/2" too big and that's what the 1" was coming from. So, after cutting it and getting it ready, I'm now ripping out the strips. I was taking them all out - then realized I just needed to take the outer strip and trim the white strip 1/2".

Now, I'm hoping I can get back on track! I'll work on this Tuesday or Wednesday. Tomorrow is working at the museum and then going to pick Dan up to bring him home. He's having surgery on Tuesday and I'm taking him. Plus he's staying with us till he's ready to go back home. I figure he will be here a couple days or a little more. I'm okay with how long he stays. He doesn't have anyone, and now he has us.

We went bowling tonight, and I bowled a 171, 144, 153. Not the best, but it's a start. Not sure how we all did because it's the first night of bowling. Wait and see.

All in all, I was "kinda" Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...