Wednesday, September 4, 2019

One Heck Of A Day

This morning I was getting back on the computer because I messed up on one of the certificates. Once I got that and the photos from last time on my thumb drive, I was almost ready. Then Cherry called and we went walking.

Got back home and had to move to get out the door. I had to go to Walmart to get the photos, then head over to the museum to get ready for presentation. I ended up being there at noon and I really wanted to be there around 11:30.  We waited till 1 pm because we were hoping Floyd would show up, but he didn't. So, we had 4 to present to. Leaving us with 2 quilts. So, I pulled Jim Smiley over and we presented him with his quilt. He was thrilled because he got an eagle quilt. Actually he got the one on my blog. Fred Tobey - our bowling partner - got the one with the monument. Both were thrilled with what they got.


This is Jim after we presented to him.


These are the 5 recipients. Jim Waters, Dennis Larson, Tom Boone, Fred Tobey, and Jim Smiley.

Made it home around 3 pm and then got to work on marking them completed. That took some time in itself. I wanted to be able to sit and sew the binding on the quilt, but that didn't happen. Patrick came home early, then supper than........and then more.

It was time to go bowling.....that was a sham. I bowled a 139, 149, 150. Not my best and I'm still getting used to the new ball. I wasn't doing anything right. I really can't blame it on the ball either.

Came home and worked on the binding. I'm happy to say it's finished. Now I just have a "crap load" of stuff to do tomorrow and will try to drop the quilt off on my way back. I have to head back up to Olympia tomorrow. That is actually getting old now.

At least - for as busy as it was - I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...