Thursday, September 12, 2019

Almost Done With Mystery Quilt

Today I was up and walking with Cherry. I needed to get some walking in.

I'm still helping Dan out, and the good news is that he wants to wait another day before going home. I told him he has no limit to being here and if we needed to pick up stuff for him we would. I kept going down and putting the ice pack on his leg.

I then went downstairs, and got back to working on the quilt. I did have a few calls in-between but I was able to get a lot done.


I worked on it till supper time, then I watched the Democratic debates.....after an hour I gave it up. I hate long debates, and I disagreed with most of them in the panel. I don't know why they want to do so much and then won't tell how we are going to pay for it. So, I went downstairs and got going again.


I was on a roll! Till this happened! And don't tell me you haven't done this before....if you haven't you one heck of a good piecer. I ended up taking this strip apart. It was funny and yet irritating at the same time. I had to take the ends off first and then the 2 strips.


Once that was done, I was able to get back on track. I'm really liking this pattern. May actually do it again.


I thought I was done with the photo above this one. I called it done at this point. I will finish this up tomorrow, with adding the 2 borders that go next. I really like the way this came out. I just hope I get enough votes to help our group win the $100 certificate. The voting will start in a week or so. I just know I have to sent the photo by the 15th, then the voting starts on the 16th to the 1st of Oct. I'll post it. They asked that only one vote be done. Here's hoping!

It's been a long day, got my 7,000 steps in and then some. I'm happy to say it was a day of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...