Monday, February 24, 2020

A Day Of Stitching - Sewing

Yep, that's what I said, "A Day Of Sewing." All because I needed to get a couple tops done for QOV.

After getting moving this morning, Patrick was a sweetheart and went to get the fireplace going. I had to do a few things and took my time getting downstairs. I called and talked to Sharon and Bill first. It was a long chat because Sharon likes to chat. We talked about the beading. She's on row 69 of the covered bridge one.

Downstairs I went. Then I got to work on the quilt top. I had about 3 rows done and Sharon M called to talk to me about QOV. So, that took another 45 mins. I don't know what it is about Sharon's but they do like to chat. I'm okay with that, because it got me a break from sewing.


I finally finished it about 5 pm. Poor Patrick had to wait on me before he got to have supper.

While I was working on the quilt top downstairs, Patrick was working on the quilt for Mike.


He reworked what we had. I actually like this better. I put the center eagle together with the red and beige sides. Tomorrow I may just go down and get it all put together. I will work on it. Now that we have a quilt that looks good and doesn't look crappy like this -


At least Patrick did a better job at it.

Once I was finished with that,


I got these beads, and decided to put them in tubes. So, for about 2 hours I was putting the beads in tubes and marking them. I need to figure out which ones go with the snowman pattern. I still have a few beads I need to get for that, but so far I'm in good shape to get it started. That won't happen for a little while. 

So my day was sewing pretty much all day long. 11 am to 5 pm. Not what I really like to do, but when I'm in the mood, it's okay. Now I need to finish Mike's quilt, then get started on my brothers, and Arts. UGH!! I will get moving when I can. I have an idea of finishing a panel, and I'm going to work on that as well. I did have Sharon and Bill order our group some white on white, and white on beige for our quilt tops. May way till I get that first before working on the panels. I'm thinking of a few quilt tops that I want to do to keep me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...