Friday, February 7, 2020

What A Friday...Busy Running Around

This morning I was up and out the door to moms. Since she's not feeling well and hasn't been feeling well for 2 weeks, she had a doctors appointment. She wasn't up to driving herself to the appointment so I volunteered to take her. I wanted to see how she was doing and was hoping she didn't have pneumonia. They gave her some cough medication to help her sleep and get her back on track. So, we had to go to the imaging center to get her x-ray. Then we went to get her medication - stopping first at the quilt shop to pick up a quilt top - then to the pharmacy. Got there and the gal said she was waiting on mom to see if she wanted to try another medication since they were out of the one the doctor ordered. Mom asked why she didn't call the doctors, and she said she wanted to check with mom first. Go figure. Because all this was happening at noon, the doctor was at lunch. So, we headed back to the doctors and asked if they would transfer the medication to the hospital since it was closer. We had to wait till the doctor came back. After an hour wait, we got a call saying the medication was faxed to the hospital. So, we left to the hospital and found they were also at lunch. We ended up waiting 15 mins for the pharmacy to open again. Then we waited another 10 mins for them to fill it. Once all that was done, we went back to moms.

I then left to go to Safeway. I picked up a few things, then I came home. Once I got home, I made some dessert bars. Actually, they aren't done yet, because I forgot to do the chocolate frosting on them, so tomorrow they will be done.

After supper, I finally got to sit down and work on my cross stitching We watched an old movie with Jimmy Stewart, Maureen O'Hara, and Brian Keith. It was pretty good.


I was able to get more of the cat done Then I worked on some outlining in the greenery. I'm going to outline some flowers because I'm not sure if I got all the stitching done in there. I have some more to put in, but not a lot. I will work on that tomorrow night.

So, even when I was busy with mom, I was still able to get back home and enjoy a few hours of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...