Saturday, February 22, 2020

A Day To Work On Bindings

This morning I worked on getting the fireplace going before I headed downstairs.

Once I did get downstairs, I worked on getting binding for 3 quilts. I was thrilled to see I had some bindings that would work for all three of them. That made me happy that I didn't have to cut the bindings and get them ready for the quilts.

I got started cutting the edge of all the quilts first. Sophie came down to help me out. I had to get her off the cutting board because her tail kept getting in the way. Think she wanted to help. Then it was time to sew the binding on all three.


Of course I had to deal with some help.


She even started cleaning her paws while she was there. I had to finally get her off the quilts. There is just something about quilts that makes it a "cat magnet!" I was able to get all three of them done. Now it's just time to stitch the bindings down. These all are QOV quilts. Patrick was a sweetheart. He brought me tea and then later brought me some lunch. What a sweetie!

After spending just about all day down there, I came up and worked on my beading. I really want to get to the last 100 rows!


I was on my last row and then I ended up missing a few beads to finish the row. So, I ended up taking it out and getting it on track. Of course the thread got pretty bad to work with, so had to end it and start another thread. Once I did that, I decided to call it good. Once I start making mistakes, then I know it's time to call it done. I'm on row 332/446.

After quitting on the beading, I started stitching the binding down on one of the quilts.

I got working on my QOV stuff. We will be presenting 4 quilts in March. I had to get a few things updated. Now I need to get the quilts done and wash them. Once that's done, then they will be ready to give out. Need to finish 3 quilts for May. Family will be here for those.

It was a good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...