Monday, February 17, 2020

It's A Finishing Day!

This morning I was getting ready for our meeting day. I had to get my floss box and take it with me to Brazilian Embroidery. I wanted to have it to figure out what colors I wanted to do for the "next" project. In other words, I was hoping to start another project after I finished my Roses in the Winter piece.

I got there around 10:15 am. Then we sat and talked about what classes we wanted to take for Seminar. I was happy to see Sandy wanted to take the same classes I did. I got all that done, then pulled out my Roses in Winter piece to finish the beading on it.


Then I found an area that I didn't finish. I needed to add the pine needles on these branches. So I got to work on finishing that up. As you can see, the beading is close to being done, but the piece itself is not.


I ended up finishing this at home. I only had to add the beads to it to finish it. Now it's done. So, I need to wash it and frame it. Not sure what I will do, but I think I have a frame that will work. I'm hoping anyway. If not, I'll have to get one.

After I finished that, I pulled out the hand crochet project I started the other day. I decided I didn't have enough to make an afghan. So, it was going to be a rug.


I decided it isn't something I want to do again. I don't care for this. It's a square. Patrick said he'd use it in the bathroom for a rug. I'd rather just put it in Goodwill! It's not something I'm proud of. I did send $16 for the yarn but I chalk it up to experience rather than something I would want to keep.

Once all that was done, I pulled out my cross stitching.


I worked on the greenery around the cats head. I also filled in a couple areas. I need to do the outlining on the right side to get that done, and then finish the outlining on the cat. It is so much more enjoyable working on something I like. This is Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...