Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Two Days Of Sewing - WoW!

This morning I was up and downstairs to get an early morning start on the quilt top for Mike McCoy. I wanted to get it done today.


I had it all done in a good amount of time. I didn't have the blue that is in the border though. I had to go to Sister's in Chehalis to see if they had the blue that would go with this. Patrick and I looked around and finally found a pretty blue that went with it. Patrick was a sweetheart and paid for it for me. He's really been very helpful with these quilts! I turned out better than I thought it would. Patrick has gotten really good about laying out the blocks and getting them to work.


I then asked him about this one - minus the stars in the corner. He said I had too much on the board so I needed to put a red border on the panel and then bring it all up to him. I added a 2" border around the panel. Then I took it all up to him to see what he could do. He took all the small stars I have and put them around the panel. It really worked. Trouble is I needed another border to go with all those stars. I'll have to get mom to do more stars for me. The more the merrier. So, I'm almost ready to have another top done. I have 3 more panels behind this one. I need to get them going. Plus I need to do a quilt for my brother. This is getting to be a lot of work on sewing. I'd really rather be doing my beading right now, but I do need to get a lot more quilts ready for our May presentation. We are not going to do April.

I then pulled out the quilt I kept to do the binding on. I got a side and a half done. I still have a side 2 more sides to go. UGH. Talked to mom and was told she finished the 2 I dropped off on Sunday. Go figure. At least she's been busy and Happy Quilting/Happy Stitchin

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...