Monday, February 3, 2020

Making Up For Yesterday

This morning I was up and getting ready for the meeting at the quilt shop. I stopped at moms after picking up chai tea at Safeway. They had a deal if you bought a breakfast sandwich you got a grande drink free. So I got the sandwich and took it to mom. Mom was waiting for the phone call from SS. I dropped off things and then left.

Got the the shop a little later than I wanted to. Started working on my embroidery that I'm trying to finish.


I am now putting the beads on it. I decided to only put 3 small beads at the holly points. I didn't like the ones on the photo where they had 6 to 7 in the center. I only know of 3 on hollies. I started adding the bigger beads next. Before all that, I finished the pine cones to look like pine cones.

After the meeting, I headed over to the thrift shop about a block or so away. I was looking and Sandy found the madera floss in a bucket! I had to buy some because that's the best floss out there as far as I'm concerned. It was a dollar a piece but I got a 15% discount for being an old lady! I may have to go back and buy more.

Then I headed to McD's to get my $1 tea. I picked it up, took a sip and just about choked! It was sweet. So, I went in to get it exchanged. After waiting 10 mins to get through the line outside, I had to wait another 2 mins for them to change it. Next was home.

Came home and sat down to work on my beading.


Was able to get another 3 rows done. It's really coming along nicely! 286/446. It's so much fun! I may end up working on it tomorrow all day! Trouble is I need to get downstairs and try to get another quilt top done for QOV. I will have to see what I'm in the mood for. I really do need to get another quilt done. I have to do a panel for Art and wanted a panel for the WWII vet. UGH

I then took a break and played a few games. Now I'm going to sit in front of the TV and cross stitch - guess not, Patrick wants to go to bed and read, so I guess I'm going to listen to my tape and play a few games. I really did want to get some stitching in tonight. lol Life goes on. I need a ton more time in my day. At least it was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...