Wednesday, February 5, 2020

It's Hump Day!!

This morning I had a hard time getting out of bed. My right side was in pain. Once I got moving, it helped.

I worked on laundry, but then forgot about it. So, I got 2 loads done. Funny how that goes.

Mom called and she wasn't feeling any better. So, Patrick decided to we should go and take her some potato soup that we made last night. After he got off the phone - an hour later - we went to see mom. Gave her  the soup and I went to get her mail since she hadn't picked it up for over a week. Then we headed back home. On the way back home we stopped at Ace Hardware and I went to the Thrift Shop next door. I found an embroidery - crewel work - kit. It's a German Hummel boy. I was thinking it would be fun to do that in Brazilian embroidery. It will be a wait and see thing.


I thought of going to the Thrift Shop after Sandy picked me up a cross stitch kit for $4. I was thrilled she found it! 


It's the pattern, beads, thread and fabric. The only thing missing is the floss and that's not a big thing as I have so much floss it's not funny. Don't forget - I bought some floss the other days as well. 

Came back home and I was going to do my beading but Patrick wanted to watch a movie, so I sat and stitched instead. 


I was able to roll the piece. I worked on the cat, then ended up taking out some of the yellow I had because I had the wrong color there. If it would have worked, I would have left it, but it didn't go with the navy blue and purple. I had to take it out and put it back in. I started on the railing on the right side. My cat is coming along pretty good. I'm excited about getting that done. 

Then it was time to go bowling. We lost 3 games. We won the first game but then after that, it wasn't so easy. I bowled a 183, 172, and 149. Had 4 splits in the last game that didn't help me at all. At least my average didn't go down. 

I said, "It's Hump Day!!" because I thought about today and how the camel was so funny in the Geico commercial. What day is it?? It's Hump Day! Which turned out Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...