Saturday, May 8, 2021

Long Day

 I stayed the night at moms. Daisy kept me up all night with whining as well as tearing up the bathroom rugs. She didn't like it that I wouldn't sleep in moms bed. I tried to put her in the spare bedroom bed, but she wasn't having any of that. Thought she would fall out of bed. So, I slept when I could, but that wasn't much. 

Ethel's daughter called and said that she wouldn't be back. She's staying in the hospital till at least Monday. Mom is due back on the 13th and we thought we would be picking Patrick up today. I was chatting with mom and she said she could get Daisy bordered. She didn't like it much, but I figured after last night, it wouldn't work to have her here at my house. So, the gal to board Daisy came around 2 pm. Good think we weren't going to Seattle to pick Patrick up. 

While I waited, between phone calls, I cleaned moms sheets (both beds), made the 2 beds, and cleaned the toilet. I had to go to Home Depot to get a blunger. Then I worked on the toilet. Of course I ended up with toilet paper all over my pants. So, I had to wash my jeans in-between the sheets. I had lunch, cleaned up the trash and got the dishwasher going. 

It was time to come home. Daisy was picked up and on her way. Came home. Katt and I decided on supper, and ended up going to Safeway to pick up some stuff. Once all that was done, Katt fixed supper. As we got back, we received a message from my brother, Patrick, saying my nephew's wife's brother was killed in a motorcycle accident. That is were mom is staying. So, not sure what is up there. Mom never did call and tell me. Send Boo a message of our sympathy. You would think since I've been chatting with mom over her dog, she would have told me. Maybe tomorrow. 


I found a tied quilt that mom had on her bed. It's completely falling apart. This was the block my grandmother did or the gal she was named after. 

After supper I decided to get a few stitches in. 


I'm almost done in the upper left corner. I went back down to the bottom. Decided to work on that for now. didn't get a lot done, but a good amount. 

It felt good to work on something, even though I didn't feel like it. I need to get back in the mood! Too much "crap" going on. Life is taking it's toll on me this week. I keep going though. Nothing else to do but keep one foot in front of the other. It gets me closer to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


 

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...