Tuesday, November 16, 2021

A Day At Home

This morning I was glad knowing I would be home all day. I'm tired of running around, which is what last week was. 

I made a few phone calls. Mom called to say Nancy's Birthday was today, so I called and wished here a Happy Birthday. We talked about QOV. She asked 3 on the list if they could come the day before Thanksgiving. I told her not to call anyone else and I would check with Debbie to see if she had another relative. She didn't, but I do. I called my cousin to see if Mike would come and get a quilt. HE ACCEPTED. So, now we have 2 Veterans that we are going to honor. It's going to be awesome! I have a quilt that he can have. We will give him one of the panel quilts. He did ask that we don't share the photos to media or Facebook. I agreed. 

Then I went downstairs to trim my quilt and get the binding ready. 


 The binding is the same as the back  - that bright yellow on the right. I think it will work. I can't wait to get this done! I didn't want to put the binding on just yet, so I will do that later. At least it's read to be bound. 

I noticed that Sandy contacted Georgie to tell her of the loss of Beverly. Beverly Ramsey passed away yesterday morning. She was a "kick in the pants!" Always had a smile and was always making everyone around her feel special. She had a laugh that had everyone laughing. I will truly miss her every week! She was the one that would be at BE every week. God Bless her and may she rest in peace. 

Came back upstairs and worked on my beaded star. 


I finished another piece. Then I started putting these pieces together. 


I just need to make one more wedge and then I'm ready to put it all together. I got part of this together, still need to work on the seam. I do notice I will need to put a bead in the center when I get there. I don't want a big hole. It will be fun to try and get that done. I will get there. I like the way it's coming along. I will do another one later. I do know my beads are in the mail for the ornament. I will work on these till they come in. I may need to order more beads later. 

It's been fun being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...