Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Sewing Day

 This morning Patrick went golfing and I went downstairs to see if I could get my plan to work on the quilt. 

I ended up with this idea instead of my other idea. 

I was going to do it this way, but it didn't look like what I wanted it to look like. I wanted to be able to "weave it" around, but it didn't look right. So, I texted Patrick to see what he thought and he liked the first photo above. 

Then I worked on getting the center the right side......worked on it, like I said. Oh, well. I still have to clip some off the sides. I accidently took the sides off and not the top part. So, I decided the darker blue would be better. Now I have to clip a little more off. At this point, I called it quits. I must of taken off at least 2 inches so far. But it's better to cut bigger than smaller. - Like I did on the sides! The star will have a border on it, with gold and a square in the corner.

Patrick got home and I sat down to work on getting the binding done on the quilt. I added the label, and now it's ready to go to the museum tomorrow.  I will take 3 quilts over tomorrow. We will be showing a couple off. Hopefully getting more Veterans to honor as well. 

Called Georgie to see if she had a white fabric that we used to have. She thought we did and then she called to say she didn't. So, we are going to do something else. We - as in Debbie. 

I decided to play for a little while and watch the mask singer. I love that show! I felt good about being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...