Monday, November 1, 2021

Meeting And Potluck!

 This morning I was up and baking my sourdough bread for our potluck today. I had to put it in the oven as soon as I was out of the shower. To my surprised it turned out really good. I was running late because of how long it cooked. 

After it was done, I put the potato salad, bread, butter, and knife in the box. Then I got the stuff I needed for Georgie and myself. Out the door I went. First to the bank to deposit the bowling money. Then I was off to the gas station to fill the van with gas. Then I was off to the grange. I was about 10 mins late. When I arrived Georgie, Bonnie, Sandy, and Cindy were already there. We worked on our projects before enjoying our potluck. 

I didn't get a lot done. But I did enjoy working on it. 

Then Bev arrived later. After Bev arrived we went ahead and eat. I guess you can say I enjoyed eating more than stitching! We cleaned everything up and headed home after. It was a good chat with Bev and Sandy after everyone left. We were chatting about where Bev lives, and some of the friends we both know. Plus we were chatting about were Sandy lives and there is a gal on her street that has chickens that lay in the winter. 

After leaving, I headed to the bowling alley. Then homeward bound. When I got home I headed downstairs to clean up a little and cut some batting and backing for Faye. I wanted more room on the counter so I could work on my quilts. Debbie stopped by to pick up her quilt and she wanted my help on figuring out another quilt. We took some panels out of the box and looked at the blocks that Georgie did for us. We put them up on the wall. By the time were were done, we had 5 panel quilts figured out. Plus I have the strip quilt to work on. So, not only did we get 3 quilts figured out for her, I got one figured out for me with the other 2 I'm working on. At this rate we can have 6 quilt tops done in a short amount of time. That is....unless I can get my butt moving and get them done. Let's think about this....it's me....so that's going to be interesting!

This is the idea we came up with. I will add strips to the area between the stars. It's going to be fun! I'm actually excited about doing this one. It's fun when there is 2 of us working on what to do with a quilt. We had so much fun working on these panel ideas. She took 3 panels with her - not these one. She's got the other eagle ones. I need to look for more panels too. 

After she left, I called it done for the day. I will work on the quilts downstairs tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday - hopefully in the mood! If I'm not in the mood, it won't happen. 

But I'm glad to be back to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...