Thursday, July 28, 2022

Hiding From The Heat

Today we were up early again. My phone was pinging and Patrick was going golfing. 

I needed to get the vacuum out and mop the floor. Cleaned the bathroom and closed the house up because of the heat. 

I came downstairs to try and get a couple (haha) quilt tops done. Debbie was coming over as well. Told her the door was open. She came around 1 pm. I was working on the boarder of the quilt that Val made. 

I had one heck of a time with this! I took out the boarder I did yesterday. Then I ended up ripping out part of my boarder today. I had to work it from both ends to get the shrinkage to sew. I measured but I realized after all that trouble, I should have squared the quilt itself off. I didn't and regret not doing it! It would have saved me one heck of a headache today. 

I still have my top on the wall. I need to work on that as well. I'm going to Connie's Monday, and want to get another top there for her. 

Debbie wanted one of the 6 quilts that I took from the museum for her sister's doctor who is getting a quilt. I need to tag it and get another quilt from the museum to add to the 5 others. 

Patrick came home and I finished up the boarders. Now I'm just realizing and wanting to go to bed. I've been yawning all evening. I guess working on the boarder took more out of me than I thought. lol - Guess that's old age! 😍

Tomorrow is at Nancy's house. I don't know how long I will stay. I don't even know if I want to take a quilt to bind. Probably will. Won't know till I get ready to go. 

Today was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...