Saturday, July 30, 2022

What Is It About A HOT Day?!

We woke early today. I dressed to stay cool....yeah, right! I had to change my top 4 times to get one that didn't make me feel hot and sweaty! Still didn't get there, but I tried. I even wear my tank top that is skin tight while we were home. 

Of course, that's when Debbie shows up. My belly hanging out for everyone to see. The kind where I think it looks awful on people who go out in public like that! And here I am showing it off to Debbie. Oh, well. I sat outside with Patrick for awhile. We even had the fan going out there. Hot air being moved. What a sight!! I changed into something better knowing we were going out. 

We left early to go to Olympia. Decided to go to the Outback for supper. I was looking forward to a hamburger. I almost got lobster tails but wasn't in the mood. I really wanted a burger! It was awesome! Patrick go the Rib Eye steak. It looks so good! I don't usually get steak any more because the flavor isn't there. I remember as a kid when dad cooked or grilled a steak, it had so much flavor! I had to have it every year on my Birthday. Patrick didn't eat it all and brought it home. 

We stopped at Costco and picked up a few things. Mostly needed water. We also got some ice cream and a few other things. On the way out we decided on some ice cream from the deli. I got them with lids and had to put them in the cooler we brought - since it was 100 degrees today. We loaded the cooler up and headed home. Stopped at moms to drop off some milk. Then came on home. The ice cream needed to be in the freezer for awhile because it was a little soft - softer than the soft ice cream it is. 

At 100 degrees, I'm sweating like a pig!! And I'm not as heavy as most women my age around here. I couldn't believe how stuffy it gets! I'm thankful I don't live in the south, but come on! This is killing me! What can I do?! Go downstairs and bring a fan! When it gets this hot, it's not as cool downstairs as I would like! Since our house was built in the 1970's, there isn't any air conditioning. Not vents either. The basement area is partly in the dirt and open in the back. Not the best. I would love a one floor house, but at this rate that isn't going to happen for a long time. 

Since I am going to sew another top together for QOV, I put these blocks out. The blocks needed to be squared up and the same size. So, I had to take an inch off the multi colored blocks. Mom gave me 13 stars she did. I'm not sure who did the other blocks but thinking it's Kathy Halphide. 


I took the time to square the blocks up. Then I put 2 of the reds I have up on the sides of the quilt. I'm going to do a red border and a blue border. I think it will work. I decided on the darker red to the right. Now it's all set for me to sew together and have it done for Monday. I'm thinking of canceling Monday with BE so I can come home and work on another top as well. We are running behind on quilts right now. 

Again, what is it about a HOT day?! Why do I always feel like crap? Why is it, I want to go in the refrigerator and stay all day long? I can't seem to be comfortable! And when we are downstairs, Patrick has the recliner and I have this love seat that feels like sitting on a rock! I can't get comfortable sitting down here! He's fine though. He don't mind the heat! I can't wait for the weather to cool down again! We have broke a record of the longest days over 90 degrees!! How is it, I have been around every time a city break the hot record? When Phil was born we broke a record of the longest time over 100 degrees in Pullman! AND there was the time in OKC when we broke that records as well. I would rather break a record of the coolest weather, it's easier to pile on the clothes and blankets! 

Life is "what it is" and we move on. This will pass. And I will always try to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...