Sunday, July 31, 2022

Hiding Downstairs

This morning I was ready to get moving. Patrick went golfing, so I was on my own. 

I headed downstairs because it's a lot cooler down there, but NOT today. I had the fan going while I worked. I decided to get moving on the quilt on the wall. 


 I started stitching....till I couldn't figure out what I was doing! I ripped, ripped, and ripped on the first few blocks. Once I got my brain to working. I found that I ended up with the top row in the reverse. Never fails!

My phone buzzed to let me know I had a virtual meeting for about an hour or so. I had to stop in the middle of having the block rows done. Only one person had trouble getting on the meeting. We chatted and were told we could not work on anything for this class. She is going to demo what we need to pay attention to. 

After the meeting, I went back downstairs to finish up the quilt. I'm happy to say, it's done! The last top border was a major pain in the butt!! It didn't want to be the size it was supposed to be. I had to work the fabric together. It finally came out right. AFTER I RIPPED OUT 3 X'S! I wanted to get it done so I could cut the backing and battings. Once I got there, I cut 2 backing for the 2 quilts going to Connie. Then I cut batting for 6 quilts. I'm taking all that to Connie tomorrow. 

Right as I was done, it was time to go bowling. This is the last one till we start league. We got $50 each for first place. That was fun! We went ahead bowled. It was SO HOT IN THE BOWLING ALLEY! The AC hasn't been installed yet. 2 of the AC are in, but the 2 by the bowlers is not in yet. Hopefully by the time leagues start! I bowled 2 games and called it done! It was way too hot for me and I couldn't get the energy to throw the ball. I decided to sit out the last game. I beat Patrick the first game. Then he went and bowled a 222.  My games were 225, 171. Just wasn't in it. 

My day was busy from start to finish. I was working on being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...