Monday, July 11, 2022

Speaking Today

 This morning I was out the door to go to my BE meeting. I forgot my "Ruth's Farewell" piece and worked on my cat instead. 

I started working on my cat. Sort of. Didn't get very far. Just enjoyed chatting with Sandy. I did the top part and the star below it - again, not much. 

I had to run and go to the church for the Ladies Church Luncheon. I was the guest speaker. It was fun. I enjoyed it. My talk was about our QOV group. I was able to tell them about getting started, national organization, and show off the quilts. We brought 5 quilts and one of the veterans that received a quilt, brought his for us to show. We had him come back up and we wrapped him in his quilt again. He loved it! His wife is one the quilters at the church that quilted one of our quilts. I think it was the one they practiced on. Which is fine. 

I took Nancy to moms, while she followed behind. We went to check out the fabric for Bob's wife's quilt. I love the red that came in. I think it's exactly what he wanted. I texted him to let him know he can stop at moms to see the colors. 

I just got a call that mom was going into the emergency room. Nancy is going with her, so I'm going to be spending the night waiting to see what they come up with. She's been having trouble with her lungs and coughing stuff up. So, this way she is being cared for and we will see. She did really well today, so I'm surprised it got that bad. 

My day was busy and my night may be as well. Have to get up early tomorrow for Patrick's treatment, but if things change with mom, then I may be going her way instead. I did get a few stitches in to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...