Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Olympia And Back - Finished A Top

 First thing this morning we headed to Olympia for Patrick's doctor appointment. Because they didn't order the right blood tests, he couldn't get his immunotherapy. So we headed back home. He's going in on Monday after my doctor appointment. 

Only got the back of the flower done. I will work on it more. I really want to finish it as I'm getting a pattern with roses from Debbie Kelley. I need to send the fabric to get printed. 

We were at moms by 9:30 am. She was laying in bed. She looked pretty good. We got the "scoop" on her ER visit. I let my 2 brothers know as well. Mom now knows how to use the breathing "cup," really not sure what it's called. She breathes in it and it has a fan like piece in it. That is what shacks her throat area and it loosens the flam in her lungs. She has to do it several times a day. At least now she knows what to do. She was trying to open it for the past 3 days. 

After moms, we came home. I went downstairs. I decided to finish up my quilt top. 


Of course Sophie was playing with a bug on the other side of the glass. 


It is now finished. A little bigger than I thought, but it works. Patrick likes it. I can't wait to see how it gets quilted. 

Then my flannel came in. 


We wrapped it around cork board. Now I have a nicer place to put my designs up on. Patrick has been a sweetheart by doing all this for me. He did measure wrong - he didn't realize the light socket and light witch were there when he measured. All is well that ends well. It's bracketed up there.  I was working with these blocks. I thought it went with this panel. I will put a border around the panel - again. Then I will work with the 10 blocks I have. Patrick put the top ones up there. I can't reach that far. I will have to pull grandmother's old piano chair up there to be able to do that. I think this one will go fast too. 

Came upstairs and called it done - so I thought. 


Pulled out my embroidery and started working on the flowers. The one on top has a loop on it. I may have to fix that by taking it out. OR I will try and work some fabric around to "rain it in." I will do the dark blue around it. Should be fun!

It was a hot day and being downstairs was cooler. I was just glad I finished the top and ended up being very Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...