Thursday, February 2, 2023

Another Day In Olympia

Today I was out the door by 7:15 am. Stopped at McD's to get breakfast. I knew mom wouldn't have breakfast by the time I got there. We had to be in Olympia by 9 am. So, we headed out at 8 am. Not my day. I was not impressed with her doctor. He did not interduce himself to me, so he had no clue the whole time I was there, who I was. He told mom he wanted her to go to a gastrologist for her hiatal (sp) hurnea (sp). I think he's crazy but that's just me. My doctor would have been a good one for her, but she ended up with this one. He was upset with her that she went to UW. He didn't want to have the tests ordered that UW wanted done. Till I asked him where we needed to go to get them done. Then he ordered them. I wasn't too thrilled with him and am sorry she got him. We will do what he asks, but I personally think it's a waste of time. 

One the way home we stopped at the Gastrologist's to get her and myself an appointment. She can get in in March. I have to wait till June if I want to see my doctor. Guess he's very popular! I'm okay with that. Then she wanted to stop at Costco for gas. While we were there she asked if I needed anything at Costco and told her no. Next stop was Bill and Bee's for lunch. We were there when some friends showed up and they sat with us. It was nice. Dropped mom off and was able to come home at 1:30 pm. I did work on my leaves, but didn't get that much done, so can't say I was stitching much today. 

I worked on my jigsaw puzzle today. 


I needed to relax. So, I sat down and put the boarder on. Funny, I only had one piece missing in the boarder. As I worked on the pieces, I found that piece and now it's all there so far. I'm surprised at how much I have done. This is not as easy as I thought it would be. But I'm enjoying myself. 

Debbie will be coming over tomorrow to work on her assignment for QOV. We will get her ready for the VFW meeting on Saturday. I may have to do that with her as well. I can, but was hoping to have some peace and quiet to myself one of these days. At this rate, I wouldn't have that till next week. UGH!!

It didn't turn out to be my day for being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...